This form will allow performance of alternating two finger tapping
(AFT) test on any web browser. This is just a preliminary version
of this program yet and no analysis is done yet. All data that is
accumulated from your computer is transmitted to my server when you
click on Submit Data button.
To perform this test proceed as follows:
(1) Enter your name, date of birth, sex and handedness in the
appropriate spots. You don't have to use your real name, but i
would ask that if you do the test multiple times, use the same
identifier in the name field. DOB is most important as I am
trying to find out how fingertapping changes with aging.
(2) Select which hand you are going to use from the options
(3) Select the test you are about to do:
S1 - this is single finger tapping
S2 - alternating two finger tapping
Other - whatever you want; just don't hit space bar
and limit yourself to letters and numbers
(4) Click on AFTStart button. This will clear top text
field and start a 10 second timer.
(5) Quickly, position the cursor in the top, long, text field and
start either hitting a single key (for S1 test), or alternately tapping
on two adjacent keys with index and middle fingers. Once the 10
seconds are up, a cound of how many keys have been typed is displayed
in the left textarea.
(6) If you want to see the timings of your keypresses, click on
AFTDump. This will give a list of the elapsed time in msec sincel
clicking on AFTStart and to the right of this time, the delay between
keystrokes. Don't be worried if these times seem to have a lot of
scatter; this is an artifact of windoze if you are running under this
OS. Least amount of scatter is in Win 3.1.
(7) Enter any comments you want in the right textarea. Limit
yourself to about 1 Kb of comments as data is currently submitted as a
url ie; AFTtest3.html?<data> and I think the limit of this method
is about 4 Kb.
(8) Click on Submit Data button to send data to my server. RSN
this will result in analysis results being returned to you as a new
screen (in progress).
(9) If you don't feel like re-entering your name again, click on
browser back butten to get to the fields as you had left them before
clicking on Submit Data. NOTE: all timing data is lost once
you click Submit Data and so if you want to save it, list it to
leftmost textarea and copy it to a text file on your machine before
I'll be periodically scanning my Apache logs and if you have anything
to say about this program, put it in the comments.